Tuesday 20 March 2012

How To Change Windows 7 Taskbar Button Width Size!

One of the few design that I don't favour in Windows 7 is the taskbar icon grouping as it needs too much precision and accuracy to click on the correct button, especially in a rush. Of course, I can always change it to never combine to have XP style back. But on the other hand the buttons default width size is a little large for me which easily occupy the whole taskbar when only a few applications are running.

For long I wished there will be a built-in customization to change the width size. Until that happens, only a registry tweak can do it.

  1. Run RegEdit
  2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics 
  3. Create a new string value, name it as MinWidth
  4. Double-click and insert your desired value (width)
  5. Logout and login again


To me, I prefer the value to be around 120, where the size will be 3/4 of the original.

 Before

After

                                                               .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Widgets

Share!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More