Friday 23 December 2011

Emsisoft Emergency Kit: A Reliable Portable Scanner!

Among all other security vendors, Emsisoft is considered less popular among people around me. Only until recently when I saw its appearance on Youtube, I decided to test some of its product.


As I only prefer to have least number of softwares installed on my system, the portable Emsisoft Emergency Kit 1.0 caught my attention, rather than the more popular Emsisoft Anti-Malware Free.

Interesting features from this portable tool include a command-line scanner, GUI scanner, HiJackFree that manage all active processes, services, drivers, autoruns, open ports, hosts file entries and many more, and also BlitzBlank for experience users to modify registry and drivers. 



It looks almost the same as Emsisoft Anti-Malware!


Still, the effectiveness of scanner is my priority. Downloaded and unzipped the 107MB zip  folder, I have also got some 150 malware samples. Custom scanned this folder, Emergency Kit easily detected 104 threats, leaving 46 behind. For a free portable application, this result is considered excellent since these malware samples are quite new.

Save it in a thumb-drive! It may help when you really need it!


Download


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Widgets

Share!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More