Monday 26 March 2012

USB Show: Restores Missing Files After Virus Attack!

Some time back my sister came to me complaining that viruses has deleted all documents in her thumbdrive. An avast! virus scan revealed 14 viruses including Win:Sality. Well, cleaning these viruses away still didn't bring files back into view. Tried "view all hidden files and folders", no luck still and she ended up formatting it.

Unfortunately, I was in the same scenario after plugging my thumbdrive into a printing shop's computer. A new autorun.inf and all folders have been changed into shortcuts; while legitimate one is not seen anywhere.


Avira detected 8 viruses, but it will not recover my files back. Checked "view all hidden files and folders", hidden files are brought up this time but to my surprise the hidden property of folder has been grey-out for no modification.



Googling, I found USB Show that promises to brings hidden files back. Available in 2 languages, this tiny portable tool successfully recovered all my files and folders in seconds. 



Download
USB Show


1 comments:

there's another one can do that..
smadav antivirus can bring the hidden file in your USB
^^

Post a Comment

Share

Widgets

Share!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More