Wednesday 15 August 2012

How To Fix Windows Media Player Missing Subtitles!

Why Windows Media Player does not load subtitles when playing a mp4 movie? Even if you have installed additional codec pack like K-Lite Codec Pack to extend player's capability, the subtitles just won't show up! Before switching to another player, consider the following two common solutions that should help.

1. Make sure you have turn on subtitles in Windows Mediap Player setting! (Many don't know this)



2. If you got codec pack installed, run Win7DSFilterTweaker from your computer or download below. Select Media Foundation, then disable the format in trouble, in this case mp4 for both 32 and 64-bit.




Download
Win7DSFilterTweaker

                                                                                                                                                          .

13 comments:

hurray, thanks very much Ken you made my worry go away. my favorite is wmp player and your methode worked me perfectly. thank you very much again.

hurray, thanks very much Ken you made my worry go away. my favorite is wmp player and your methode worked me perfectly. thank you very much again.

Worked for me, thanks dude!!!

if i disable it, i cant play mp4 anymore, shit sucks

Finally something that worked for me too, many thanks mate!!

Hey Ken, thanks and God Bless! This tweak certainly worked for me!! For months I was looking for a solution to this problem - and you solved it in a jiffy.

many thanks! it's worked with step 2!

Doesn't solve my problem, just makes .mp4s unplayable. The weird thing is it used to work, and now it doesn't.

Subtitles did show, BUT non native codec could not play mp4 properly in my system (video was slow and blurred), It probably would work with more RAM.
I run 64-bit WIN7 on dual coreTURION 2,40 MHz w 8 GB RAM.

Finally a working solution thanks :D
If others have problems I use: http://www.windows7codecs.com/
it's for 64bit and 32
and then I used the program he mentioned above and selected mp4 as he said the haali splitter worked again with mp4 :D

WOW, I was already giving up until i find your tip, thanks a lot.

it worked but screwed the FPS, its like working in fast forward mode.
Movie FPS 23.97 FPS
Decode FPS 50-60 randomly changes
Any ideas??!!

Post a Comment

Share

Widgets

Share!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More